Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

We had a great fourth of July, just some of it did not go as planned.

I love our little town where we live, Main Street always goes above and beyond on every holiday and offers lots of festivities for the entire family.  This fourth of July was the same, with all of the little shops having cute sidewalk sales, face painting, Professor Whizpop creating all of his famous balloon animals and an animal adoption on the courthouse lawn.  I am a bit disappointed that there was a parade earlier in the morning and we were unaware of it until later that afternoon. 

We left mid morning to enjoy our day on Main Street, we first went to the toy store and then to the Court House lawn to see all of the adorable puppies.  We were then walking to the bakery to eat lunch and the rain drops started.  I was carrying Finn in my Moby wrap and I was concerned about him getting wet, so we turned back before we all got drenched.  We ended up going back home because of  the torrential 4th of July rain.  When we got home we were in the middle of a thunderstorm so I was glad that we didn't stay down town.

After nap time was over we had my parents over for a 4th of July cookout complete with hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill, pasta salad, fruit and complete with smores!  Afterwards Addison and hubs shot off some fireworks and sparklers were lit.

Ever since we bought our house, we were told of the country club above our house having a marvelous fireworks display that could be seen from our back patio.  It was beginning to get dark and Addison was asking about the fireworks.  I decided to drive up the road to see if I could see anyone to ask about the time that the fireworks would begin, when I got up there there was no one to ask...no one in sight anywhere; making me think that there would be no fireworks this year.  I had a little girl that was demanding fireworks...so I had to provide!  I got back home and hubs and Addison jumped into the car and we drove to the local Tractor Supply parking lot so that we could witness the fireworks from the lake.  Mom stayed home with a sleeping Finn (the best baby EVER).

It wasn't a coincidence that we were at the right place at the right time because we ran into one of the groomsmen from our wedding, please pray for him and his wife, they are really going through a tough time and it's made me hug my family a little bit tighter since hearing about their news.

We had a great fourth and feel blessed to be American's.

No comments:

Post a Comment