Saturday, May 9, 2009

Date Night

OOhhhhh I have been looking forward to this night for months and months. Not even a broken ankle (that is healing) could keep us away.

Tonight was THE NIGHT.....my dear friend Christa (who I have known for about 7 years now) married the love of her life (Van) at The Grove Park Inn.

I first learned of the blessed event last Summer when a squeeky voiced Christa called me on a Sunday morning screaming " Keisha, I'm engaged, I'm engaged" I knew months earlier that they were destined to spend the rest of their lives and eternity together because of the look on her face when she spoke of her "Van man". Her face lit up, and it was beautiful and amazing at the same time to watch.

A few months later, I was talking to Christa over doing sealants at work ( which is a clear plastic covering that we place over mostly permanent teeth to prevent cavities). "So, Christa how's the wedding plans going?" Fine, fine she said. "Well....if you need any help with anything, please let me know." And then she started.....well, Keisha I've actually been meaning to ask you ( I was thinking that I was going to be the Matron of Honor ....ha ha) if you could like direct my wedding. At this point I'm sure that our patient was thinking uummm.....hello.....could you please just get your fingers out of my mouth and talk about this later. Anywho...so of course I said yes, even though I had never done something like this, especially at The Grove Park Inn.

So for months I had been planning and directing her beautiful wedding in my head, and we all know the rest of the story....April 9 I fell causing a horrible fracture to my left ankle and due to the inability to walk, I had to hand over my title. But whoever ended up doing the deed, did a wonderful FANTASTIC job.

So, this evening Spunk and I dropped Addie off at the g-parents house, and headed on over to the G. Park Inn. The wedding was absolutely beautiful! The bridesmaids wore beautiful hot pink dresses and carried a few beautiful daises. Christa wearing a traditional, but trendy white gown was absolutely gorgeous!

The wedding itself was a blast, but more importantly Spunk and I really ( & needed) a night to ourselves. We had so much fun laughing and talking with our friends that I almost forgot about my broken ankle and walker proped up against the wall.

We have been married for almost 6 years and sometimes you forget those warm and fuzzie feelings that you have when everything is fresh and new. I can honestly say that after being married this long I am so glad that he picked me. I am so proud to be his wife, and I am so thankful that GOD created this wonderful helper for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment