Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nothin' Like Sonic Nights...

Since I have been unmobile (is that a word??) for the past 3 weeks, I have only been getting out of the house for church, and occasionally for places that I can go and just sit in the car. I know that I could go and ride in my wonderful little wheelchair (thanks again Rachel for letting me borrow it) or hibble hobble on my walker, but it's just so darn aggervating especially when you have a busy bee 2 year old as well (we might as well use her leash and let her run and pull the wheel chair).

I for one have always loved Sonic. It started almost 6 years ago on mine and Spunky's 3rd date. You know the first 2 dates have to be soooooo romantic, and the 3rd date can be casual. You see, I'd never been to a Sonic and when wonderful hubby asked me if I wanted to go to Sonic I was as jolly as jelly beans when I said yes (and why wouldn't I love Sonic then...I could eat it all of the time if I wanted I was about 10 sizes smaller back then). Ahem....going on now.

So....since I broke my ankle we have been to Sonic twice! Once was last Friday we pulled up to the little restraunt and Addie promply says "park". She had a blast sitting on the console, and then when she figured out that all you had to do was push a bright red button and yell out the window to order, she was in heaven. She then jumps over Spunky who is in the driver seat and yells "Cheese stick , Sprite, Cream (for ice cream). She does this until our food arrives (yes, I know that people were staring). It was hilarious!! She then had a blast sitting on the console and eating her cheese sticks, gulping down a huge cup of Sprite and dancing to the Sonic music.

We returned to Sonic tonight for some dessert, and Addie loved it just as much. This broken ankle has taught us a lot of things, and one of them is family entertainment doesn't have to cost much!


P.S. Please pray for me tomorrow, I have an appointment with my orthopedist at 1:50. Please pray that I recieve some good news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment