Tuesday, August 7, 2012

In The Hospital...

Yes, the above statement is true, I am in the hospital :(

Over the weekend I began having a really bad backache, I thought that it could be associated from a massage that I had on Friday and I laid on the heating pad most of the weekend.  I began to feel better on Saturday night and we went and celebrated hub's birthday, but on Sunday morning I woke up with a horrible backache and I felt pretty out of it.  I shook it off thinking that it was probably associated from staying up too late on Saturday night and I went to church, eagerly waiting for nap time.

Around 3AM on Monday I woke up with a bad tummy ache and that same nagging back ache, I thought that it was from eating too much candy the night before ( an entire bag of gummy worms) and went on to work.  Getting through the day was a little tough, but I made it!  I came home and didn't leave the recliner all night.

I didn't sleep at all on Monday night and around 6:15 I gave up and told hubs that I needed to go to the emergency room, we made arrangements for my mom to take care of my beautiful children and hubs rushed me to the E.R. in Asheville.  I was quickly sent for an ultrasound and lab work that confirmed my self diagnosis, my gallbladder needed to come out.

The doctor in the e.r. gave me the option to stay at the hospital or to go home and later meet up with a surgeon.  Being that I was in so much pain, I chose to stay and get an i.v. meds and get the chance to get my gallbladder out sooner.

Hopefully I will get it out tomorrow, please pray that they can do it laproscopically (sp?) and that I will have a quick recovery.  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you right now! It's crazy how us Moms will totally blame everything before we finally take care of ourselves. Hoping the pain is gone soon and your recovery is quick as can be! Hugs to you and your beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete