Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Christmas Gift That Saved Dinner!

Okay, so you all know I am a full time mommy with a full time job outside of the home. Prior to Addison being born I thought about staying home many many times, but that wasn't in GOD's plan for our family and that is okay! While I hate being away from Addison for 11 hours out of the day I feel like I am good at my job, and I really enjoy helping other kids and their parents at the same time. I feel like this is God's will for our family.

Nevertheless....life is busy!! I am always looking for easy recipes to serve our family a healthy meal; I use my crock pot, frozen veggies, and anything that will guarantee our little family an easy fixed meal! At Christmas my husband bought me a quesadilla maker (and to be honest with you, I wasn't really thrilled about this gift) until this week! Spunky and I have always vowed that even though we both work, WE WILL all sit down as a family each evening and eat together!

So, it was another chaotic Tuesday evening and I was dredding the question that I was about to hear "what's for dinner??" I had no clue and nothing in the crock pot that evening! So, I hurridly fried up some steak tips, cut up some pepper and onion and thought....this would be great in a quesadilla! So I then pulled out my handy little contraption and we had the best dinner! We even ate leftovers for a couple of nights! While Spunk and I enjoyed the steak quesadillas, Addison ate half of a cheese quesadilla by herself!

So...if there are any other working mom's out there...this $20 quesadilla maker is the thing to have! It only took 20 minutes to fix this wonderful dinner! Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment